Tuesday, May 18, 2010

For the Dogs

This week marks the end of my two week break from book traveling. The insanity starts up this Friday with a trip to the first ever Victoria Steam Exposition in Victoria British Columbia. Not only is this my first time in Canada but it's my first time to get out of the country for the novel. I have a panel which is listed as a Q&A on Saturday at 4PM so anyone that's coming, please drop by and ask some questions. I'll be sharing the expo with the amazing author of Boneshaker, Cherie Priest and the ethereal musical stylings of Unwoman. (I'm positively giddy about this.)So off I go, look for updates on Twitter, facebook etc. By the way, how awesome is this poster?



For the dogs
I felt like I needed to volunteer more around town so on Friday Brad and I went to the Humane Society and Volunteered in the dog and cat food donation bank. We walked in and there was a mountain of bags of food. Literally, thousands of bags piled almost to the ceiling filled the bank. One lady ran it, taking donations and dispensing whatever needy people required. Almost quite literally, Brad and I jumped in head first, cleaning and organizing the cliff of pet food for a good four hours. Lifting hundreds of bags of food in a muggy food bank is tough work but was also one of the most rewarding things I've done in a long time. There's nothing like standing up for our four legged friends that don't have a voice.
Here's me rocking my flood beard. (A symbol of community unification because of the water shortage that still is going on...)

No comments:

Post a Comment