Monday, May 28, 2012

I'm Married!!

Yesterday, May 27th 2012 I woke up to a vase of freshly picked flowers and a note from Liz. I was groggy and hardly awake as it was 6AM. I opened the note and it said, "If you would like, I would like to marry you today at 1PM." There were check boxes for Yes Maybe and No. I checked yes and handed it back to her.

Originally, we were going to have a semi grandiose wedding in Nashville where everything went down at one place. Then we thought we'd get married here in Washington at a resort then have a party in Nashville. With life being as crazy as it is, we went and had an elopement ceremony with a Liz's mom and step dad as witnesses. I'll tell you what... it was such an amazing day!

Just so you know, we are still planning on having our reception in Nashville in several months at The Flying Saucer Beer Emporium and we'll still have a ceremony there where everyone can be involved and have a great time.

So yesterday was totally our style. We went to Goodwill where Liz got a dress for $8.00. Then we picked up some campaign, $8.95 at Riteaid. We came home, got dressed and thought, "Oh man! We don't have rings!" So on the way to the officiant's house, we stopped at the dollar store and picked up some plastic rings from the front vending machine. Well, mine is plastic, Liz's is aluminum. That ran us fifty cents each!

Off to the officiant's house where we were married in a quick and perfect ceremony in his garden. It was seriously awesome in every way. We went to our favorite hangout Spiro's here in Gig Harbor for a drink and cheese bread then to Massage Envy where we both got hour long massages. (It was really nice). From there we were hungry and couldn't decide where to eat. we had several options but we're super indecisive. So we went to Anthony's which is a pretty renowned sea food place here on the water. After checking out the menu, we had to go in. Seated with a perfect view of the harbor, we had an amazing meal with Shrimp cocktail, muscles, clams, and medium rare Yellow Tail Ahi Tuna.

From there Liz's mom and step dad lent us their place for the night and again, things couldn't have been more perfect. They have a dynamite house with a deck and hot tub overlooking the bay with a font and center view of Mount Rainier.

The best way to sum this up is that this was one of the most perfect days of my life and it all happened starting at 6AM as a total surprise to me. I'm the happiest guy in the world and I can;t tell you how overjoyed I am to be married to the perfect girl in the world.

NOW for pictures!
Here we are in the garden with the officiant "JP". How awesome is it that he looks like Adam Savage from Mythbusters?

The kiss that seals the deal.

The kiss continued.

Our rings in all of their vending machine glory!

Me with the love of my life.

View from the hot tub sipping campaign.


The next morning we headed home but not without a stop at "Smokin' Hot Espresso" a Bikini Barista establishment.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Nick for the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats my brother, I'm glad that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    My wife and I celebrated our twenty-first wedding anniversary on May 10th.

    ReplyDelete